Wed 15 Mar 17 at Clothworkers' Hall, London
Institutional investment in property – outlook and opportunities
This year’s Alternative Assets Conference will focus on property. This is an asset class that every single individual is intrinsically connected to whether renting, owning or investing. It has consistently been a part of most long-term portfolios and its role includes a source of income; a real asset offering a hedge against inflation; and a risk diversifier. It can also be a source of alpha in an industry where active management can have a different meaning – including demolition and rebuilding.
The present and the future pose considerable political and economic challenges, which will have deep and long-lasting impact across markets. In addition, demographics and technological change will impact where people live and work. This means that the decisions to be made at institutional level require not only deep research of historic data but an imaginative interpretation of future trends.
Institutional investors are expanding into new areas within the asset class. We will explore these new areas and how they differ from more traditional commercial or residential property.
How will Brexit impact the UK property market? Is the move into alternative property markets opportunistic or a permanent feature? Is the valuation process the same or does it differ from the rest of the asset class? These are some of the questions that we invite our expert speakers to explore.
Confirmed speakers (see speakers tab for biographies):
- Mark Callender, Head of Real Estate Research, Schroders Property Investment Management
- Becky Thomson, UK Valuation Associate Director, RICS
- Andrew Allen, Head of Global Property Research and Strategy, Aberdeen Asset Management
- Temi Oyeniyi, CFA, Vice President, S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Julien Jarmoszko, CFA, S&P Global Market Intelligence
For the member rate of £60 you will have access to:
- A programme of senior level speakers
- 3 hours of CPD
- Networking lunch on arrival
- A further opportunity to network at the drinks reception